Cost Planner - Seven Mills, Clonburris
The Cairn purpose is to build sustainable communities where people can thrive.
At Cairn, it’s not what we build, it’s why we build. It’s about putting down a marker that will stand for generations to come. Creating new communities of connection and belonging for an Ireland where people can thrive. Reshaping, redefining, reinvigorating our place in the world. Building for people, progress, and potential. Because when Cairn build, it’s Built For Good.
Cairn has a unique opportunity for a Cost Planner, to assist in the provision of quantity surveying services under the direction of the Senior Cost Planner undertaking pre-contract duties.
This role is diverse and will include interpreting information for projects along with the measurement of planned works to assist the Senior Cost Planner in robustly projecting construction costs for all phases of Cairn’s upcoming landmark project, Seven Mills. It will also involve carrying out crucial work which will contribute to the decision-making process driving key project decisions at various stages through acquisition and design development. The role comes with flexible working conditions.
- A member of the cost planning team tasked with assisting in the preparation of cost plans from early feasibility through to detailed cost planning ready for handover to project team.
- Participation in design team meetings through the design phases and reporting back to the Senior Cost Planner.
- Relaying essential information back to the Senior Cost Planner to ensure that the design team stay cognizant of the most efficient unit types, unit and project layouts and building materials when progressing a scheme design
- Liaison with cost planning team and benchmarking data from live projects to aid in preparation of budgets
- Liaising with the sales teams to ensure specifications and budgets accurately reflect the market expectations of each project.
- Aiding in the Taking off Quantities to create Bills of Quantities for upcoming developments, interpreting those BoQ’s to provide site teams with working documents and budgets.
- Help develop / maintain a databank of Cairn construction costs to assist the ongoing Cost Estimation and Financial Appraisal process.
- Assisting the Senior Cost Planner in the preparation of Part V applications to Local Authorities and follow those submissions to ensure compliance is achieved.
- Liaising and engaging PQS consultants to prepare BOQ’s for the project budget, ensuring the PQS has the latest information.
- Attend meetings and undertake site visits.
- At least 2 years' post-Graduate experience with a PQS/Developer.
- An ability to achieve time and quality targets in a reasonable manner.
- Strong IT skills with a competency at Buildsoft-Cubit, Cost-ex or equivalent, Microsoft Word and Excel
- A willingness to attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques, and skills.
- To have good analytical skills, be willing to expand experience further, and an ability to present findings
- To have good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- To be good at collaborating with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- To be able to co-ordinate several tasks and have good time management.
- o be willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks
This job description may be subject to change to reflect the evolving requirements of the Commercial & Planning department and Cairn in developing leaders who make a difference in building homes and creating places where people love to live.
If you have any requirements for your interview, please notify the Recruitment team at your earliest convenience
Working with Cairn Homes:
At Cairn, we believe it is essential that our employees feel valued and appreciated. We therefore offer above industry average remuneration packages with a comprehensive benefits portfolio that’s ready to support you for whatever life brings.
We are delighted to offer a suite of benefits when you join Cairn which include
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme with matching contributions
- Full health insurance with Irish Life health
- Annual salary review
- Continuous Professional development (CPD) programme & funding
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Free Cairn annual leave days
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme with VHI
- Tax saver - travel and bike to work
- Culture Committee
- Talent Development Programmes
- Approved Profit Sharing Scheme (APSS)
- Company vehicle (role dependent)
- Section / Package Manager - Mill Road
Section Manager - Mill Road The Cairn purpose...
- Section / Package Manager - Shankill
Job location: Shankill
Section Manager - Shankill The Cairn purpose ...
- Building Services Engineer - Clonburris
Job location: Shankill
Building Services Engineer - Clonburris The C...