Health and Safety Officer - Citywest
The Cairn purpose is to build sustainable communities where people can thrive.
At Cairn, it’s not what we build, it’s why we build. It’s about putting down a marker that will stand for generations to come. Creating new communities of connection and belonging for an Ireland where people can thrive. Reshaping, redefining, reinvigorating our place in the world. Building for people, progress, and potential. Because when Cairn build, it’s Built For Good
Cairn has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Health and Safety Officer to manage Health and Safety on our residential construction sites. This role is responsible for the implementation of the Cairn Homes safety management system and will report directly to the Health and Safety Manager. We require an experienced, motivated team player with a keen commercial acumen who can contribute to the successful delivery of the project.
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Work as part of the Cairn Homes Construction management team to ensure the provision of a safe and productive work environment.
- Always seek to improve the standard of Health & Safety in a practical manner within the company management system and on specific sites.
- Monitor and enforce the implementation of Cairn Homes Health & Safety Management System.
- Identify site specific hazards and ensure they are addressed in the site documentation and in a practical manner on the site.
- Ensure clear lines of communication are maintained to the H&S Manager.
- Ensure the site folders and statutory records are being maintained on site.
- Ensure strict adherence to site rules by all contractors.
- Assist site management to comply with statutory H&S requirements.
- Assist Health & Safety Manager to develop and implement Risk assessments and improvements to the Cairn Homes Safe Systems of Work.
- Assist Site management to ensure Contractor Compliance on Cairn Homes Sites.
- Assist H&S Manager and Site management to coordinate the safe systems of work for contractors.
- Enforce site specific disciplinary procedures.
- Carry out H&S auditing on site and address non-conformances as they are identified with site management and contractors.
- Contribute to accident and incident investigation.
- Contribute to the Tool Box talk topics, discussion and delivery.
- Identify training needs on site for Cairn personnel and the contractors.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in in managing safety systems in construction is required, including a qualification in Occupational Health and Safety
- Member of IOSH (Institute of Occupational Safety and Health) preferred
- Able to manage Health and Safety on-site using their own initiative within the scope of the management system
- Strong relationship builder and ability to leverage key relationships across the full spectrum of project stakeholders and statutory bodies
- Ability to manage risk and implement control measures
- Able to work and build strong relationships with contractors from various backgrounds and trades
- Able to chair and deliver Health and Safety meetings and presentations
Working with Cairn Homes:
At Cairn, we believe it is essential that our employees feel valued and appreciated. We therefore offer above industry average remuneration packages with a comprehensive benefits portfolio that’s ready to support you for whatever life brings.
We are delighted to offer a suite of benefits when you join Cairn which include
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme with matching contributions
- Full health insurance with Irish Life health
- Annual salary review
- Continuous Professional development (CPD) programme & funding
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Free Cairn annual leave days
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme with VHI
- Tax saver - travel and bike to work
- Culture Committee
- Talent Development Programmes
- Approved Profit Sharing Scheme (APSS)
- Company vehicle (role dependent)