Intermediate Quantity Surveyor - Procurement
The Cairn purpose is to build sustainable communities where people can thrive.
At Cairn, it’s not what we build, it’s why we build. It’s about putting down a marker that will stand for generations to come. Creating new communities of connection and belonging for an Ireland where people can thrive. Reshaping, redefining, reinvigorating our place in the world. Building for people, progress, and potential. Because when Cairn build, it’s Built For Good.
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Support the development and roll out of procurement best practice initiatives
- Assist in the on-going management and maintenance of the master Procurement Schedule for tender activity, including tracking and reporting on procurement activity across multiple projects
- Collating all necessary tender documents for various tender packages and ensuring they are accurate ahead of being issued
- Review of Sub-contract Packages to ensure scope of works captured is consistent with Cairn Standard details and scopes
- Formatting and coding of each sub-contract pricing document to an agreed coding index to ensure consistency across multiple projects
- Completing Tender Analysis and benchmarking of returned tenders for subcontractor and supplier packages and drafting and issuing tender recommendation reports
- Assist in developing and updating of the existing inflation tracker
- Completing Category Plans for Key Sub-Contract Packages including sub-contractor mapping and identifying risks within existing supply chain constraints
- Assisting in compiling information packs for Supply Chain Management Meetings. Participate and contribute to meetings as required.
- Assisting with the innovation agenda including completing analysis for various forms of construction and analysis
- Assist in compiling Powerpoint presentations for distribution to Senior Management Team with emphasis on key callouts
- Support the implementation of a new digital procurement strategy
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to implement strategic procurement projects
- Tasks will be allocated to reflect increasing levels of development and experience
- 2-5 yrs Post-Graduate experience with a PQS or Contractor
- A strong knowledge of Construction Technology of various building types and methods
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills, with experience using Cubit, Cost-ex or equivalent
- A willingness to attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques, and skills.
- To have strong analytical skills and ability to present findings
- To have good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- To be able to co-ordinate a number of different projects across different stakeholder groups at the same time.
- To be willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks.
Working with Cairn Homes
At Cairn, we believe it is essential that our employees feel valued and appreciated. We therefore offer above industry average remuneration packages with a comprehensive benefits portfolio that’s ready to support you for whatever life brings.
We are delighted to offer a suite of benefits when you join Cairn which include
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme with matching contributions
- Full health insurance with Irish Life health
- Annual salary review
- Continuous Professional development (CPD) programme & funding
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Free Cairn annual leave days
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme with VHI
- Tax saver - travel and bike to work
- Culture Committee
- Talent Development Programmes
- Approved Profit Sharing Scheme (APSS)
- Company vehicle (role dependent)