The Cairn purpose is to build sustainable communities where people can thrive.
At Cairn, it’s not what we build, it’s why we build. It’s about putting down a marker that will stand for generations to come. Creating new communities of connection and belonging for an Ireland where people can thrive. Reshaping, redefining, reinvigorating our place in the world. Building for people, progress, and potential. Because when Cairn build, it’s Built For Good
Cairn has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Project Director.
The Project Director will have single point responsibility for project out-turn from preconstruction through procurement, construction and handover stages, ensuring execution of the project and the finish quality of the Product (buildings and amenity spaces) achieves best-in-class standards, in line with the Cairn market leading Brand position meeting all statutory compliance requirements.
We are looking for a passionate individual with a strong track record and industry reputation in delivering exceptional projects on time and on budget in line with our customers’ expectations.
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Business Unit Lead responsibility, accountable for delivering the overall vision and strategic direction of the project in line with profitability and programme targets.
- Single point responsibility for project out-turn from preconstruction through procurement, construction and handover stages, ensuring execution of the project and the finish quality of the product (buildings and amenity spaces) achieves best-in-class standards, in line with our market leading brand position.
- Leadership and selection of the Cairn site management team responsible for construction delivery, design and commercial management of the project, and inspiring a high-performance culture within the team.
- Main point of contact for key project stakeholders including statutory authorities, adjoining landowners/neighbours and project partners.
- Engagement with Planning/Development, in-house Design and Sales and Marketing teams to refine the project design in line with market and customer expectations, during the pre-construction stage.
- Providing key inputs and oversight of the project value-engineering and financial appraisal process from pre-construction stage through construction
- Preparation of project execution plan including phasing strategy, contracting strategy, programme and risk mitigation plan, along with sign-off of the construction budget and baseline programme.
- Oversight of the performance of our supply chain subcontractors/suppliers and consultants (including ownership of key relationships), ensuring selection of the best partners to deliver optimal performance and value contribution to the project.
- Set standards of behaviour and responsibility for project teams and hold teams to account.
- Ensuring works are carried out to the required quality (BCAR), health & safety and environmental standards, and in full compliance with the Planning Permission.
- Collaboration with the Sales Director on the marketing and sales strategy of the project ensuring the highest standard of presentation of the product during the sales campaign and best-in-class service to the customer during the property handover stages.
- Championing the internal systems adoption and effectiveness onsite.
- Instil a strong safety culture and develop the capability of our project teams to take personal responsibility through strong visible leadership.
- Ensuring the necessary resources and processes are in place to ensure best practice in project controls, performance management, and project reporting.
- Implementation of Cairn best practice in project controls, performance management, and Project Reporting
- Promoting positive engagement and culture with project and project team
- Development of team and talent development the succession planning
- Embedding proactive behavioural approach toward safety and quality management
- Embracing innovation & technology
- Responsible for accurate, transparent reporting and forecasting.
- An engineering, surveying, construction management or other related Degree / Higher Diploma qualified candidate with 12+ years’ experience in construction leadership with a quality, design and commercial focus
- Proven experience at senior management level and Project Director level.
- Background in large scale residential or commercial construction in complex sites, preferably design / build.
- Strong leadership and people management skills with excellent relationship management skills with an excellent track record of driving high performing teams.
- Ability to work across conflicting interest groups to develop solutions to complex operational and commercial problems.
- In depth industry knowledge of the subcontractor and supplier base, including successful prior relationships.
- Experience of managing senior stakeholders and multi-disciplinary teams
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to tease out sensitive issues and lead cross-functional teams towards solutions.
- Excellent working knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards, and proven record in the safe execution of projects
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills with a value – add mindset
- Strong customer and brand focus
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- To have good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- To be willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks.
Working with Cairn Homes:
At Cairn, we believe it is essential that our employees feel valued and appreciated. We therefore offer above industry average remuneration packages with a comprehensive benefits portfolio that’s ready to support you for whatever life brings.
We are delighted to offer a suite of benefits when you join Cairn which include
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme with matching contributions
- Full health insurance with Irish Life health
- Annual salary review
- Continuous Professional development (CPD) programme & funding
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Free Cairn annual leave days
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme with VHI
- Tax saver - travel and bike to work
- Culture Committee
- Talent Development Programmes
- Approved Profit Sharing Scheme (APSS)
- Company vehicle (role dependent)