The Cairn purpose is to build sustainable communities where people can thrive.
At Cairn, it’s not what we build, it’s why we build. It’s about putting down a marker that will stand for generations to come. Creating new communities of connection and belonging for an Ireland where people can thrive. Reshaping, redefining, reinvigorating our place in the world. Building for people, progress, and potential. Because when Cairn build, it’s Built For Good
Cairn has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Project Surveyor, to assist in the provision of quantity surveying services for post-contract duties on a fast moving large scale residential development. This role reports to the Project Manager and is site based. We require an experienced, motivated team player with a keen commercial acumen who can contribute to the successful delivery of the project.
Our multiple projects scheduled to commence in the Greater Dublin area will offer ambitious team members the opportunity to assume new challenges and increase their scope of responsibilities. Join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes.
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Managing subcontract packages and overseeing payments to subcontractors, suppliers and consultants along with normal QS duties
- Experience of RC frame / apartment and residential building / commercial projects
- House building residential experience is essential
- Undertaking monthly internal valuations and production of monthly cost reports
- Reporting on budgets and variations.
- Maintaining subcontractor and supplier contractual details.
- 7-10+ yrs Post-Graduate experience in PQS or Contractors office.
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- Good IT skills with competency at Buildsoft, Cost-ex or equivalent, Microsoft Word and Excel
- A willingness to attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- To have strong analytical skills and ability to present findings
- To have good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- To be able to co-ordinate a number of different projects at the same time.
- To be willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks.
Working with Cairn Homes:
At Cairn, we believe it is essential that our employees feel valued and appreciated. We therefore offer above industry average remuneration packages with a comprehensive benefits portfolio that’s ready to support you for whatever life brings.
We are delighted to offer a suite of benefits when you join Cairn which include
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme with matching contributions
- Full health insurance with Irish Life health
- Annual salary review
- Continuous Professional development (CPD) programme & funding
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Free Cairn annual leave days
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme with VHI
- Tax saver - travel and bike to work
- Culture Committee
- Talent Development Programmes
- Approved Profit Sharing Scheme (APSS)
- Company vehicle (role dependent)