Quality Control Site Supervisor
The Cairn purpose is to build sustainable communities where people can thrive.
At Cairn, it’s not what we build, it’s why we build. It’s about putting down a marker that will stand for generations to come. Creating new communities of connection and belonging for an Ireland where people can thrive. Reshaping, redefining, reinvigorating our place in the world. Building for people, progress, and potential. Because when Cairn build, it’s Built For Good
Cairn has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Quality Control Site Supervisor to join our growing team, in a fast-paced dynamic working environment. Join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes.
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties across the full portfolio of Cairn live sites
- Undertake daily walkthrough Inspections of Cairn Homes operational sites to identify and report any compliance or defect related issues
- Proactively investigate and lead investigations into non-conformances and corrective actions.
- Inspect for BCAR compliance and champion a culture for Quality in Cairn.
- Maintain and compile reports/audits on company construction software platform.
- Continually develop QA expertise across the Company to support staff development, knowledge, and expertise in Quality activities, BCAR compliance, client requirements and best practices.
- Ensure that all quality procedures are documented and successfully implemented, on sites and departments.
- Work effectively with other staff across the organisation and develop strong working relationships with Cairn Site Teams including Project and Site Managers.
- Assist in maintaining reports and inspection on the company software platform, continually reviewing, and developing Quality Systems to meet Customer and Business requirements.
- Create a team atmosphere that embraces continuous improvement and quality and assist team training and development plans.
- Encourage staff to develop their skills and expertise and mentor employees and create a quality culture that supports high employee morale.
- Ensure effective management and support for internal auditing, customer complaints and periodic product reviews.
- Ensure that the principle of confidentiality and the requirements of the Data protection Act are fully applied in all aspects to the Company and its employees.
- Comply with all Regulations and Requirements and ensure that the Company and its people comply with legal and regulatory obligations, following relevant best practice guidelines.
- Undertake such other tasks as may be reasonably requested by your Manager
- Trades background with appropriate certification
- 5 + years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of construction details ensuring best practice to design and specification
- Excellent communication skills
- Background in large scale, residential construction
- Excellent working knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be inquisitive challenging site teams
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- Be willing travel to Cairn Sites Nationwide and hold a full driver’s licence
- Previous experience using mobile devices to capture, upload and report defects would be beneficial
Working with Cairn:
At Cairn, we believe it is essential that our employees feel valued and appreciated. We therefore offer above industry average remuneration packages with a comprehensive benefits portfolio that’s ready to support you for whatever life brings.
We are delighted to offer a suite of benefits when you join Cairn which include
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme with matching contributions
- Full health insurance with Irish Life health
- Annual salary review
- Continuous Professional development (CPD) programme & funding
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Free Cairn annual leave days
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme with VHI
- Tax saver - travel and bike to work
- Culture Committee
- Talent Development Programmes
- Approved Profit Sharing Scheme (APSS)
- Company vehicle (role dependent)