Recruitment & Human Resources Graduate (18-month Fixed term Contract)
The Cairn purpose is to build sustainable communities where people can thrive.
At Cairn, it’s not what we build, it’s why we build. It’s about putting down a marker that will stand for generations to come. Creating new communities of connection and belonging for an Ireland where people can thrive. Reshaping, redefining, reinvigorating our place in the world. Building for people, progress, and potential. Because when Cairn build, it’s Built For Good.
Cairn has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Human Resources Graduate to join our team on a 18- month fixed term contract as part of our Graduate programme. Reporting to the Head of Talent Management, this role will shadow the HR Advisor and provide a broad range of operational support to the People team and be the internal administration point of contact for both the Cairn Management and the wider site construction teams.
- Typically, the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Administration of recruitment advertising campaigns and maintain up to date role adverts across multiple platforms.
- Do initial screening of candidates to support Recruitment Partner
- Schedule interviews with candidates and agencies in a timely manner and provide feedback
- Maintain recruitment records and be the point of contact for agency, candidate and hiring managers queries and escalate as appropriate with the People team.
- Support with hiring and on-boarding duties as required.
- Provide administrative and coordination support to the People team across talent acquisition, training and development, compensation and benefits, employee relations and legal compliance.
- Be a point of contact for HR queries and resolve or escalate as appropriate with line managers and the People team.
- Maintain employee records using various systems including the HCM (Access People) and produce monthly reports for the People team.
- Maintain attendance and leave records and liaising with Managers to ensure local records are maintained correctly.
- Be a champion for HR and engagement initiatives, formally and informally.
- Participate in and assist with HR projects as required.
The candidate – key requirements
- Ideally 2.1 honours degree in a relevant discipline and a desire to develop a career in Human Resources.
- Preferably 1-2 years’ experience in a busy office environment or college placement role.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Pro-efficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Self-motivated team player but with the ability to work on one’s own initiative.
- Ability to deal with competing demands and being able to prioritise own work.
- It is desirable but not essential that the candidate will have or be working towards a CIPD qualification.
Working with Cairn Homes:
At Cairn, we believe it is essential that our employees feel valued and appreciated. We therefore offer above industry average remuneration packages with a comprehensive benefits portfolio that’s ready to support you for whatever life brings.
We are delighted to offer a suite of benefits when you join Cairn which include
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme with matching contributions
- Full health insurance with Irish Life health
- Annual salary review
- Continuous Professional development (CPD) programme & funding
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Free Cairn annual leave days
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme with VHI
- Tax saver - travel and bike to work
- Culture Committee
- Talent Development Programmes
- Approved Profit Sharing Scheme (APSS)
- Company vehicle (role dependent)
- Section / Package Manager - Mill Road
Section Manager - Mill Road The Cairn purpose...
- Section / Package Manager - Shankill
Job location: Shankill
Section Manager - Shankill The Cairn purpose ...
- Building Services Engineer - Clonburris
Job location: Shankill
Building Services Engineer - Clonburris The C...