Building Services Manager
The Cairn purpose is to build sustainable communities where people can thrive.
At Cairn, it’s not what we build, it’s why we build. It’s about putting down a marker that will stand for generations to come. Creating new communities of connection and belonging for an Ireland where people can thrive. Reshaping, redefining, reinvigorating our place in the world. Building for people, progress, and potential. Because when Cairn build, it’s Built For Good
Cairn has a unique and exciting opportunity for a high calibre Building Services Manager to work with and support Cairn's Construction Team. Reporting to the Building Services Contracts Manager, this newly created role will lead the management of the Mechanical and Electrical services design and installation across multiple Cairn developments.
This role is a multi-site role with a primary location of the Greater Dublin Area. Join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes.
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Project management of multiple M&E design teams, ensuring the Cairn specific product requirements and expectations are met.
- Strategic planning and effective look ahead to ensure seamless integration of M&E systems within the scheme in line with handover sequence.
- Advise and assist the site construction management teams with respect to M&E processes, product and system selection and onsite risk mitigation.
- Management of the Cairn M&E function across multiple schemes, providing direction to site team to ensure best in class execution of the M&E installation.
- Coach and mentor Building Service Engineers to support future development.
- Ability to provide hands-on guidance and support to the building services function as project dictates.
- Continuous management of the installation quality for M&E systems on residential projects, from initial coordination to final commissioning and handover.
- Oversight of M&E sub-contractors onsite, ensuring programme, quality performance and expectations are met.
- Supplement the company’s innovation and value engineering processes in consideration and implementation of best-in-class mechanical / electrical systems and products.
- Management and standardisation of the Temporary Electric / water systems designs to ensure efficiencies are gained.
- Liaising with the in-house Utility Coordinator to maintain oversight of third-party utility installation process
- Third level qualification in Mechanical, Electrical or Building Services.
- 7+ years post qualification experience in a similar project management role.
- Demonstrated project management ability with strong communication and management methods.
- Strong relationship builder with effective collaboration skills.
- Proven record in identification of and management of risk.
- Team player, organised, self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative.
- Interest in energy management and emerging trends in residential building services, design, and construction.
- Strong problem-solving ability with excellent attention to detail.
- Focus on deadlines and commitment to quality and programme delivery
- Willingness to travel between sites across greater Dublin and a full driving licence
- Full understanding of general construction processes and principles.
Working with Cairn:
At Cairn, we believe it is essential that our employees feel valued and appreciated. We therefore offer above industry average remuneration packages with a comprehensive benefits portfolio that’s ready to support you for whatever life brings.
We are delighted to offer a suite of benefits when you join Cairn which include
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme with matching contributions
- Full health insurance with Irish Life health
- Annual salary review
- Continuous Professional development (CPD) programme & funding
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Free Cairn annual leave days
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme with VHI
- Tax saver - travel and bike to work
- Culture Committee
- Talent Development Programmes
- Approved Profit Sharing Scheme (APSS)
- Company vehicle (role dependent)