Commercial Finance Analyst
The Cairn purpose is to build sustainable communities where people can thrive.
At Cairn, it’s not what we build, it’s why we build. It’s about putting down a marker that will stand for generations to come. Creating new communities of connection and belonging for an Ireland where people can thrive. Reshaping, redefining, reinvigorating our place in the world. Building for people, progress, and potential. Because when Cairn build, it’s Built For Good.
Cairn is looking to engage an experienced and proactive Commercial Financial Analyst to support the Commercial Finance team during a period of significant growth.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Business Partner, this role will support the delivery of financial analytical output of the Finance Team and partner stakeholders across the business to provide value-add analytics.
Within a rapidly growing Irish headquartered plc, this role represents an excellent opportunity for an ambitious finance professional to further develop their technical skills and assist the business in making sound commercial decisions with meaningful exposure to Cairn’s leadership team.
Typically, the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Prepare sales analytics using our CRM system, Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Liaise with Quantity Surveyors on live-site construction projects to ensure all costs incurred are being reported accurately on a monthly basis on Dynamics 365 Business Central.
- Preparation of monthly live-site project appraisal reviews, for analysis and assessment by Finance Business Partners2, ensuring all costs and revenues are up-to-date
- Attend monthly live-site project Commercial Review Meetings with project teams, on behalf of the Commercial Finance Team, to advise on finance queries.
- Act as link between the Sales and Commercial Finance Teams for forecasting and budget purposes to ensure that accurate and up-to-date financial data is being used (track pricing reviews, timing of sales closings, identify risks and opportunities etc.)
- Partner with the Sales & Marketing and Planning teams to provide analysis on monthly costs, variance analysis and ad-hoc forecasting.
- Assist Investor Relations function with detailed analysis of historical and forward-looking sales performance and related analytics.
- Other financial modelling and analysis as required on a regular basis.
- Represent the broader Finance function on digital transformation initiatives and further develop Cairn’s reporting and analytics capabilities.
- Qualified accountant (Big 4/Top 10 or industry qualified).
- Comfortable with distilling large amounts of data to provide key conclusions and insights.
- Experience creating dashboards through Excel or using Power BI or other similar BI tools is welcome.
- Advanced user of MS Excel.
- Experience in highly analytical role (eg transaction services) is welcome.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Proven commercial acumen.
- Enjoys working collaboratively.
Working with Cairn Homes
At Cairn, we believe it is essential that our employees feel valued and appreciated. We therefore offer above industry average remuneration packages with a comprehensive benefits portfolio that’s ready to supvvvport you for whatever life brings.
We are delighted to offer a suite of benefits in Cairn which include
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme with matching contributions
- Full health insurance with Irish Life health
- Annual salary review
- Continuous Professional development (CPD) programme & funding
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Free Cairn annual leave days
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme with VHI
- Tax saver - travel and bike to work
- Culture Committee
- Talent Development Programmes
- Approved Profit Sharing Scheme (APSS)
- Company vehicle (role dependent)