The Cairn purpose is to build sustainable communities where people can thrive.
At Cairn, it’s not what we build, it’s why we build. It’s about putting down a marker that will stand for generations to come. Creating new communities of connection and belonging for an Ireland where people can thrive. Reshaping, redefining, reinvigorating our place in the world. Building for people, progress, and potential. Because when Cairn build, it’s Built For Good.
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Completing detailed tender analysis and benchmark reports for sub-contractor and supplier tender returns across multiple Cairn projects.
- Utilisation of technology to improve process automation and create process efficiencies
- Assist in the on-going management and maintenance of a master procurement schedule for tender activity, (currently excel based) including tracking and reporting on procurement activity across multiple projects
- Collating all necessary tender documents for various tender packages and ensuring they are accurate ahead of being issued
- Working with Senior Procurement Manager and more senior Procurement Analysts, review of Sub-contract tender documentation to ensure scope of works captured is consistent with Cairn standard details and scopes
- Formatting and coding of each sub-contract pricing document to an agreed coding index to ensure consistency across multiple projects
- Support in the issuing of tenders and tracking of post tender issue activity status and documentation.
- Monitoring the central tender mailbox and procurement mailbox as required
- Escalate any timeline risks in relation to planned procurement activity
- Review, prepare and format reports and presentations in line with regular procurement reporting needs and Senior Procurement Manager direction.
- Support the roll out of procurement best practice initiatives, including a new digital procurement strategy,
- Tasks will be allocated to reflect increasing levels of development and experience
- 2 years post-graduate experience in an analytical role
- Comfortable with distilling large amounts of data to provide key conclusions and insights.
- Advanced Excel skills (Formula and Pivot table skills essential , Macro/ VBA skills an advantage but not essential)
- Power BI / Data modelling skills
- Building data visualisations and reports
- Proven commercial acumen
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- A willingness to attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques, and skills.
- To have strong analytical skills and ability to present findings
- To have good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- To be willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks.
- Construction industry experience is an advantage but not essential
- Qualified accountant (Big 4/Top 10 or industry qualified) 1-2 years PQE
Working with Cairn Homes:
At Cairn, we believe it is essential that our employees feel valued and appreciated. We therefore offer above industry average remuneration packages with a comprehensive benefits portfolio that’s ready to support you for whatever life brings.
We are delighted to offer a suite of benefits when you join Cairn which include
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme with matching contributions
- Full health insurance with Irish Life health
- Annual salary review
- Continuous Professional development (CPD) programme & funding
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Free Cairn annual leave days
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme with VHI
- Tax saver - travel and bike to work
- Culture Committee
- Talent Development Programmes
- Approved Profit Sharing Scheme (APSS)
- Company vehicle (role dependent)
- Section / Package Manager - Mill Road
Section Manager - Mill Road The Cairn purpose...
- Section / Package Manager - Shankill
Job location: Shankill
Section Manager - Shankill The Cairn purpose ...
- Building Services Engineer - Clonburris
Job location: Shankill
Building Services Engineer - Clonburris The C...