Digital Construction Manager
The Cairn purpose is to build sustainable communities where people can thrive.
At Cairn, it’s not what we build, it’s why we build. It’s about putting down a marker that will stand for generations to come. Creating new communities of connection and belonging for an Ireland where people can thrive. Reshaping, redefining, reinvigorating our place in the world. Building for people, progress, and potential. Because when Cairn build, it’s Built For Good
Cairn Homes plc has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Digital Construction Manager to join our growing team, in a fast-paced dynamic working environment where you will oversee & lead the development of our digital evolution from a construction delivery perspective with responsibility for the day-to-day strategic assessment, application and deployment of tangible digital advancements.
Cairn’s Digital construction strategy will integrate with our wider development on Product Innovation, OSM/ MMC/ DfMA, Lean Methods, IT, Sustainability & ESG strategies.
- Responsible for implementing Cairn’s Digital Construction Strategy including the raising of awareness and potential benefits associated with available digital innovation
- Operational Structure: identifying the needs and potential improvements across the various functions and teams through consultation, researching and evaluation of potential solutions, prior to roll out
- Operational Structure: Overseeing the day-to-day BIM operation of the business, including awareness and development across all relevant functions, and driving the incremental implementation of an overall tailored strategy.
- Develop and refine Digital Construction & BIM related processes across the organisation helping to gain efficiencies & productivity
- Project Structure: Establish processes, teams & tools and provide training as required to enable successful project execution and delivery across the full development lifecycle.
- Identify specific company BIM benefits and determine tangible outputs
- Support the company training plan and colleagues for the use of Digital Construction Tools, documentation and awareness to assist in the management and delivery of projects.
- Develop and support capability assessments for external consultants and our supply chain.
- Support the business, assessing and identifying appropriate digital activities for projects and driving the implementation of digital information plans and strategies
- Coordinate with relevant stakeholders to audit compliance with project requirements, company standards, procedures and industry codes.
- Working closely with the project delivery team including BIM Coordinators, designers and subcontractors to provide and manage project documentation
- Support each project team by managing and creating templates, enforcing standards, and evaluating project models against the EIR, BEP, MIDP and Responsibility Matrix requirements
- Min. Level 8 in Architecture/Engineering/Construction related discipline/ Post-grad Level 8 in BIM Technologies. Level 9 in BIM Management or Digital Construction preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient in ISO19650 and Common Data Environment protocols
- Must have experience managing a portfolio of projects, and knowledge of the of the development lifecycle.
- Must have experience managing and getting the best out of a BIM technologies and teams.
- Knowledge/experience of design best practice, project delivery and construction methods
- Superior in-depth working knowledge of BIM software such as Revit/ Navisworks and a skilled user of cloud collaboration platforms
- Good working knowledge of data storage and records management
- Interested in developing skills in other software’s
Working with Cairn:
At Cairn, we believe it is essential that our employees feel valued and appreciated. We therefore offer above industry average remuneration packages with a comprehensive benefits portfolio that’s ready to support you for whatever life brings.
We are delighted to offer a suite of benefits when you join Cairn which include
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme with matching contributions
- Full health insurance with Irish Life health
- Annual salary review
- Continuous Professional development (CPD) programme & funding
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Free Cairn annual leave days
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme with VHI
- Tax saver - travel and bike to work
- Culture Committee
- Talent Development Programmes
- Approved Profit Sharing Scheme (APSS)
- Company vehicle (role dependent)