Junior Quantity Surveyor - Seven Mills
The Cairn purpose is to build sustainable communities where people can thrive.
At Cairn, it’s not what we build, it’s why we build. It’s about putting down a marker that will stand for generations to come. Creating new communities of connection and belonging for an Ireland where people can thrive. Reshaping, redefining, reinvigorating our place in the world. Building for people, progress, and potential. Because when Cairn build, it’s Built For Good
Cairn has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Quantity Surveyor, to assist in the provision of quantity surveying services for post-contract duties on a fast moving large residential development under construction. This role reports to the Senior Quantity Surveyor, and is site based. We require a motivated team player who is keen to learn, has a commercial acumen, and enjoys contributing to the successful delivery of projects.
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Assisting the Senior QS to manage subcontract packages and overseeing payments to subcontractors, suppliers and consultants along with normal QS duties.
- Experience of RC frame / apartment and residential building / commercial projects ideal, but not essential
- Assisting the Senior QS to assist with the preparation of monthly internal valuations and monthly cost reports
- Reporting on budgets and variations.
- Maintaining subcontractor and supplier contractual details
- Tasks will be allocated to reflect increasing levels of development and experience.
- 3-5 yrs Post-Graduate experience with a PQS or Contractor.
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- Good IT skills with competency using Cubit, Cost-ex or equivalent, Microsoft Word and Excel
- A willingness to attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- To have strong analytical skills and ability to present findings
- To have good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- To be able to co-ordinate a number of different projects at the same time.
- To be willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks
Working with Cairn Homes:
At Cairn, we believe it is essential that our employees feel valued and appreciated. We therefore offer above industry average remuneration packages with a comprehensive benefits portfolio that’s ready to support you for whatever life brings.
We are delighted to offer a suite of benefits when you join Cairn which include
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme with matching contributions
- Full health insurance with Irish Life health
- Annual salary review
- Continuous Professional development (CPD) programme & funding
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Free Cairn annual leave days
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme with VHI
- Tax saver - travel and bike to work
- Culture Committee
- Talent Development Programmes
- Approved Profit Sharing Scheme (APSS)
- Company vehicle (role dependent)