The Cairn purpose is to build sustainable communities where people can thrive.
At Cairn, it’s not what we build, it’s why we build. It’s about putting down a marker that will stand for generations to come. Creating new communities of connection and belonging for an Ireland where people can thrive. Reshaping, redefining, reinvigorating our place in the world. Building for people, progress, and potential. Because when Cairn build, it’s Built For Good
This role will support the business with utility project management, specifically Uisce Eireann, across the Cairn portfolio. Reporting to the Production Manager, the successful candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with high energy individuals, partnering with our site teams and key stakeholders to support our successful scaling through excellence in execution. Join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes.
Typically, the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Responsible to ensure works are carried out to the required quality, programme, health & safety and environmental standards, in full compliance with the Planning Permission and Building Regulations.
- Preparation and delivery of Project Execution Plan to encapsulate the key project delivery parameters including Procurement Strategy, Baseline Programme/target programme, Budget targets, Compliance Objectives along with Identification of key project risks and associated mitigation plan.
- Own the commercial delivery of the project in conjunction with the commercial team to ensure value creation, effective cost control and optimal project returns.
- Manage and own the relationships with project subcontractors and design teams to drive performance, ensuring efficient sequencing of the works and information production.
- Develop and manage relationships with key project stakeholders including statutory authorities, JV Project partners and local communities.
- Oversee the delivery of full product lifecycle from inception through to Aftersales, acting as a brand ambassador for Cairn, and ensuring that the quality and presentation of the finished product is in line with company expectations incorporating the coordinated effort of the organisations structure.
- Lead the value engineering and product development process through the project delivery stage including deployment of best in class building systems.
- Provide leadership and management to the project construction team to drive high performance, employee development and learning, ensuring also that the required resources are in place to support the construction team.
- Set standards of behaviour and responsibility for project teams and hold teams to account.
- Development of team and talent development the succession planning.
- Promoting positive engagement and culture with project and project team.
- Implementation of Cairn best practice in project controls, performance management, and Project Reporting
- Embedding proactive behavioural approach toward safety and quality management.
- Embracing innovation & technology.
- Responsible for accurate, transparent reporting and forecasting.
- Degree / Higher Diploma qualification in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management or equivalent; 7+ years post-qualification experience.
- Proven experience in similar role, delivering comparable scale projects.
- Background in large scale mixed residential or commercial construction.
- Excellent working knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards
- Excellent track record of driving high performing teams.
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Methodical, excellent attention to detail and accurate
- Good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- Self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- An ability to co-ordinate a number of different priorities at the same time.
- Willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks.
Working with Cairn Homes:
At Cairn, we believe it is essential that our employees feel valued and appreciated. We therefore offer above industry average remuneration packages with a comprehensive benefits portfolio that’s ready to support you for whatever life brings.
We are delighted to offer a suite of benefits when you join Cairn which include
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme with matching contributions
- Full health insurance with Irish Life health
- Annual salary review
- Continuous Professional development (CPD) programme & funding
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Free Cairn annual leave days
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme with VHI
- Tax saver - travel and bike to work
- Culture Committee
- Talent Development Programmes
- Approved Profit Sharing Scheme (APSS)
- Company vehicle (role dependent)