Section Manager - Mill Road
The Cairn purpose is to build sustainable communities where people can thrive.
At Cairn, it’s not what we build, it’s why we build. It’s about putting down a marker that will stand for generations to come. Creating new communities of connection and belonging for an Ireland where people can thrive. Reshaping, redefining, reinvigorating our place in the world. Building for people, progress, and potential. Because when Cairn build, it’s Built For Good.
- Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Assisting Site Manager in the coordination of works packages and programming
- Ensure compliance with building regulations
- Experience in residential construction specific apartment / house building experience,
- Managing Subcontractors and Suppliers
- Managing Construction Team
- Oversight of specific building works packages, including frame, envelope and site development / groundworks.
- Quality oversight including interpretation of design detailing and implementation
- Engineering oversight including management of the engineering team responsible for setting out of the works
- Working in conjunction with the Safety Officer to ensure implementation of best safety practice on site.
- Site logistics management and coordination of utilities installation
The candidate – key requirements
Degree / Higher Diploma qualification in Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent;
5+ years post-qualification experience
Background in large scale, residential construction
Excellent working knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards
An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets
To have good spoken and written communication skills
To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
To be able to co-ordinate a number of different projects at the same time.
To be willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks.
Working with Cairn Homes
At Cairn, we believe it is essential that our employees feel valued and appreciated. We therefore offer above industry average remuneration packages with a comprehensive benefits portfolio that’s ready to support you for whatever life brings.
We are delighted to offer a suite of benefits when you join Cairn which include
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme with matching contributions
- Full health insurance with Irish Life health
- Annual salary review
- Continuous Professional development (CPD) programme & funding
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Free Cairn annual leave days
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme with VHI
- Tax saver - travel and bike to work
- Culture Committee
- Talent Development Programmes
- Approved Profit Sharing Scheme (APSS)
- Company vehicle (role dependent)