Senior Building Services Engineer
The Cairn purpose is to build sustainable communities where people can thrive.
At Cairn, it’s not what we build, it’s why we build. It’s about putting down a marker that will stand for generations to come. Creating new communities of connection and belonging for an Ireland where people can thrive. Reshaping, redefining, reinvigorating our place in the world. Building for people, progress, and potential. Because when Cairn build, it’s Built For Good
Cairn has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Building Services Engineer. Reporting to the Building Services Contracts Manager, you will assist in the Management of the Mechanical and Electrical services design and installation on our high density residential projects.
Typically, the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Continuous management and monitoring of the installation quality for M&E systems on residential projects, from initial coordination to final commissioning and handover. This may vary from a specific site ownership to part time support of others Site
- Provide guidance and direction to other BSE team members ensuring a standardised approach with respect to M&E across the business
- Support the site construction management teams in the coordination of on-site M&E installations and assist with onsite problem solving if and when issues arise
- Coordinate with project design teams as required for M&E system interfaces with architectural and structural elements, ensuring company expectations are met
- Oversight of M&E sub-contractors onsite, ensuring programme and quality standards are achieved
- Ensuring company and BS team procedures are consistently being implemented across the various sites, by means of clear communication and monitoring of expectations.
- Liaise with Public Utility providers, local authorities and design teams to ensure timely delivery of electricity, public lighting, gas, water and telecommunications services to new developments acting as a point of contact for the respective sites
- Supplement the company’s innovation and value engineering processes in consideration and implementation of best-in-class mechanical / electrical systems and products.
- Assisting with the constant updating of M&E procedures and documents
- Over sight of the Management of site Temporary Electric/ water systems
The candidate – key requirements
- Further education in Mechanical, Electrical or Building Services
- 4+ years post qualification experience in similar management role
- Interest in energy management and emerging trends in residential building services design and construction
- Team player, organised, self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative
- Strong relationship builder and communicator
- Focus on deadlines and commitment to programme delivery
- Willingness to travel between sites and a full driving licence.
Working with Cairn Homes:
At Cairn, we believe it is essential that our employees feel valued and appreciated. We therefore offer above industry average remuneration packages with a comprehensive benefits portfolio that’s ready to support you for whatever life brings.
We are delighted to offer a suite of benefits when you join Cairn which include
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme with matching contributions
- Full health insurance with Irish Life health
- Annual salary review
- Continuous Professional development (CPD) programme & funding
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Free Cairn annual leave days
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme with VHI
- Tax saver - travel and bike to work
- Culture Committee
- Talent Development Programmes
- Approved Profit Sharing Scheme (APSS)
- Company vehicle (role dependent)