Senior Business Development Executive
The Cairn purpose is to build sustainable communities where people can thrive.
At Cairn, it’s not what we build, it’s why we build. It’s about putting down a marker that will stand for generations to come. Creating new communities of connection and belonging for an Ireland where people can thrive. Reshaping, redefining, reinvigorating our place in the world. Building for people, progress, and potential. Because when Cairn build, it’s Built For Good.
Cairn has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Senior Business Development Executive within the Business Development Team. The primary responsibility for this role is to ensure that Cairn proactively identify, commercially agree, contract, and complete the sales process of the homes within Cairn’s significant landbank.
Reporting to the Corporate Development Manager, the Senior Business Development Executive will have the following key responsibilities and requirements.
- Assist the Corporate Development Manager in managing the relationship of Cairn’s partners across all tenures (state partnerships, social, affordable, & private rental) in agreement, management, sales and contracting of unit delivery.
- Representing Cairn homes with these partners in day-to-day engagement.
- Manage Cairn end-to-end Part V process, ensuring that best value to Cairn is achieved through management of internal and external stakeholders.
- Clearly communicate sales progress and delivery timelines to Corporate Development Manager.
- Lead sales through contract process, liaising with clients, external solicitors, and internal stakeholders to ensure timely close out of key milestones.
- Manage housing body and county council relationships through close of sale and communicate Cairn’s best-in-class position to deliver quality new build homes.
- Research national and local housing policy in real time to ensure Cairn is forward looking and positioned to deliver homes in line with market & national demand.
- Agile approach to deliver on Cairn’s housing portfolio and actively identify further growth opportunities.
- Property professional with 3-5 years’ experience
- Relevant third level qualification
- Robust understanding of property market
- Ambitious and driven to deliver on Cairn’s portfolio
- Flexible and agile in approach to proactively identify further opportunities
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on one’s own initiative
- Disciplined in following up projects and tasks to completion in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop relationships and influence a wide variety of project stakeholders
- Experience in client facing roles with strong questioning techniques
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with excellent Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and excel skills
Working with Cairn Homes:
At Cairn, we believe it is essential that our employees feel valued and appreciated. We therefore offer above industry average remuneration packages with a comprehensive benefits portfolio that’s ready to support you for whatever life brings.
When you join Cairn, your suite of benefits include:
- A competitively benchmarked salary
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme
- Family Health Insurance with Irish Life Health
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Annual leave days
- Additional ‘free’ Cairn annual leave days
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- VHI employee assistance programme for you and your family
- SpectrumLife health and wellbeing programme
- Workplace wellbeing events
- Volunteer days
- Provision of all site safety equipment provided (if required)
- Tax saver - travel and bike to work
- Employee share plan
- Culture Committee
- Continuous professional development (CPD) programme and funding
- Talent development programmes