Senior Quantity Surveyor - West Dublin
The Cairn purpose is to build sustainable communities where people can thrive.
At Cairn, it’s not what we build, it’s why we build. It’s about putting down a marker that will stand for generations to come. Creating new communities of connection and belonging for an Ireland where people can thrive. Reshaping, redefining, reinvigorating our place in the world. Building for people, progress, and potential. Because when Cairn build, it’s Built For Good
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Reporting to the Regional / Managing Quantity Surveyor, the Senior Quantity Surveyor will have overall responsibility for all QS activity for his/her site.
- Liaise with internal cost planning team and external resources during project budget preparation stage.
- Liaise with project team to compile Preliminaries Book for inclusion in project budget.
- Manage and oversee cost management processes across the project including compilation and validation of cost reports, cash flows and CRM (commercial review meeting) documentation.
- Ensure all known and potential risks are identified, considered and accrued for and appropriate mitigation measures put in place. Create an environment across the team of early identification of risks and management of same.
- Presentation of commercial pack to Senior Management Team on a monthly basis.
- Manage procurement process, oversee procurement schedule and ensure scope accuracy for all subcontract packages.
- Manage subcontract packages and oversee payments to subcontractors, suppliers and consultants along with normal QS duties.
- Demonstrate clear understanding of the difference between cost and value, and drive a value seeking mindset throughout both the project QS and overall project team.
- Awareness and continued development of construction methods and technologies employed by Cairn. Promote continued CPD within the project QS team.
- Build and maintain good relationships with subcontract and supply chain base.
- Prepare Part V submissions and conclude all relevant negotiations.
- Accountable for the timely completion of the monthly QS cycle on site.
- Manage the project QS team including further development of all direct reports.
- Work closely with Project Manager to ensure successful delivery and completion of project.
- 7-10+ yrs Post-Graduate experience in PQS or Contractors office.
- House building/ residential experience desirable.
- Experience/ technical knowledge of all modern methods of construction.
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- Good IT skills with competency at Cubit, Cost-ex or equivalent, and Microsoft office.
- A willingness to attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills.
- To have strong analytical skills and ability to present findings
- To have good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- Good interpersonal skills and work as part of a team
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- To be able to co-ordinate a number of different tasks at the same time.
- To be willing to accept overall project responsibility.
Working with Cairn Homes:
At Cairn, we believe it is essential that our employees feel valued and appreciated. We therefore offer above industry average remuneration packages with a comprehensive benefits portfolio that’s ready to support you for whatever life brings.
We are delighted to offer a suite of benefits when you join Cairn which include
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme with matching contributions
- Full health insurance with Irish Life health
- Annual salary review
- Continuous Professional development (CPD) programme & funding
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Free Cairn annual leave days
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme with VHI
- Tax saver - travel and bike to work
- Culture Committee
- Talent Development Programmes
- Approved Profit Sharing Scheme (APSS)
- Company vehicle (role dependent)