Technical Coordinator - Cork
The Cairn purpose is to build sustainable communities where people can thrive.
At Cairn, it’s not what we build, it’s why we build. It’s about putting down a marker that will stand for generations to come. Creating new communities of connection and belonging for an Ireland where people can thrive. Reshaping, redefining, reinvigorating our place in the world. Building for people, progress, and potential. Because when Cairn build, it’s Built For Good
Cairn has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Technical Coordinator with responsibility for the design and technical aspects of projects; managing and coordinating technical information. Reporting to a Technical Manager. Join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes.
- Briefing and advising external consultants and specialist subcontractors with Cairn Preferred approaches and details, within set timescales and budgets.
- Supporting the Technical Manager to coordinate overall management of Pre-Construction Design.
- Role will focus on Houses and Duplexes but will also support on low to mid rise apartment blocks.
- Organising Design Team Meetings/Workshops and recording minutes.
- Organising briefing sessions and workshops and presenting to various internal Cairn Teams for input and coordinating their approvals.
- Chairing Design Workshops – champion Cairn product quality and legacy, focusing on delivering design excellence across the scheme.
- Managing Cairn Design Guidance information and issuing out example design packages to consultants.
- Ensuring Quality and the Customer is integral through the detailed design process, delivering quality across schemes through accurate design, suitable product specification and driving design compliance.
- Developing a series of Design Guidance Drawings and information booklets to brief design teams.
- Liaising with the in-house design and planning teams to give technical guidance on building and detailing methods.
- Keeping abreast of new innovative products, practices and build methods.
- Responsibility for communicating Cairn Design Management Strategy and Toolbox to all Design Team Members.
- Coordinate technical information from grant or lodgement of planning permission to construction start on site.
- Resolve day to day problems as they arise by preparing solutions and, where appropriate liaising with the technical manager and project manager for approval.
- Degree / Higher Diploma qualification in Architecture or Architectural Technology. 3+Years. experience in residential architecture. Residential developer an advantage.
- Knowledge & skillset in the key principles of design detailing & construction methods
- Knowledge and experience of Timber Frame Design and Construction desirable but not essential.
- Appreciation of the benefits and drivers of customer lead housing.
- Experience and aptitude for researching and implementing new building technologies;
- Light Gauge Steel, Bathroom Pods + Pre-Cast Concrete. Off Site Construction.
- Proficient in CAD and sketch design.
- Excellent working knowledge of latest Building Regulations and certification standards.
- Commercially astute with an ability to make value-add contributions through the design development process.
- To have good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate with ability to take a practical approach to problem solving.
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative, and to be able to achieve time and quality targets.
- To be flexible, agile and to take responsibility for completing designated tasks and report back to Technical Manager.
- Willingness to travel between sites across greater Dublin and a full driving licence.
Working with Cairn:
At Cairn, we believe it is essential that our employees feel valued and appreciated. We therefore offer above industry average remuneration packages with a comprehensive benefits portfolio that’s ready to support you for whatever life brings.
We are delighted to offer a suite of benefits when you join Cairn which include
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme with matching contributions
- Full health insurance with Irish Life health
- Annual salary review
- Continuous Professional development (CPD) programme & funding
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Free Cairn annual leave days
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme with VHI
- Tax saver - travel and bike to work
- Culture Committee
- Talent Development Programmes
- Approved Profit Sharing Scheme (APSS)
- Company vehicle (role dependent)
- Section / Package Manager - Mill Road
Section Manager - Mill Road The Cairn purpose...
- Section / Package Manager - Shankill
Job location: Shankill
Section Manager - Shankill The Cairn purpose ...
- Building Services Engineer - Clonburris
Job location: Shankill
Building Services Engineer - Clonburris The C...