Technical Manager - Dublin
The Cairn purpose is to build sustainable communities where people can thrive.
At Cairn, it’s not what we build, it’s why we build. It’s about putting down a marker that will stand for generations to come. Creating new communities of connection and belonging for an Ireland where people can thrive. Reshaping, redefining, reinvigorating our place in the world. Building for people, progress, and potential. Because when Cairn build, it’s Built For Good
Cairn has a unique opportunity for a high calibre Technical Manager with primary responsibility for the design and technical aspects of the project; managing and coordinating technical information from grant of planning permission through to project completion. Reporting to the Head of Technical, you may in time manage the workload and performance of direct reports including a Technical Coordinator.
The role will also from time to time entail advising the Planning Team on buildability and value engineering matters. Join our growing team and progress your career with Cairn Homes.
- Managing external consultants and specialist subcontractors with Design Responsibilities, ensuring delivery against the brief and design responsibility matrix within set timescales and budgets.
- Delivering to programme and adopt a ‘best value’ approach, which seeks to minimise costs and maximise value
- Ensuring all aspects of the building design are fully coordinated, including but not restricted to, structures, M&E, façades, internal specification, service strategies and maintenance strategies.
- Chairing Design Team meetings and workshops – champion Cairn product quality and legacy, focusing on delivering design excellence across the scheme.
- Aiding the PM to develop and manage the Design Programme which forms part of the broader Master Development Programme
- Managing the Design Development process during the Preconstruction/Procurement/Build stages to ensure the timely production of coordinated Design Team information to enable Cairn’s procurement and construction/ start on site.
- Ensuring Quality is in integral through the detailed design process, delivering quality across schemes through accurate design, suitable product specification and driving design compliance.
- Ensuring the timely production of the client design & sales brief, and deliver in accordance with the project sales strategy. Champion the delivery of accurate and coordinated information for sales purposes.
- Ensuring technical specifications are produced in line with the agreed sales specification, within the sales and budget constraints, while working closely with the project team, in-house architects and external design team partners.
- Overseeing the shop drawing production process for specialist subcontractors with Design Responsibility.
- Ensuring that all required Technical Submittal approvals are delivered to facilitate the project programme.
- Working with the Design Team to resolve clearance of planning conditions, building regulation approval, project insurance conditions, party wall conditions and BER certification.
- Ensuring all statutory enquiries, crossovers, sewer connections etc., are submitted and pursued for their timely return
- Ensuring translation of the planning scheme into an efficient and workable commercial solution.
- Liaising with the in-house design and planning teams to ensure planning applications are technically compliant with all statutory standards.
- Keeping abreast of new innovative products, practices and build methods.
- Degree / Higher Diploma qualification in Architecture or equivalent; 5+ years post-qualification experience
- Experience in the design and detailing of mixed use residential led schemes, preferably high rise. Previous developer/house builder essential.
- Excellent working knowledge of latest building regulation and certification standards
- Strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills
- An ability to achieve demanding time and quality targets.
- To have good spoken and written communication skills
- To be methodical, pay attention to detail and be accurate
- To be good at working with people at all levels and willing to work in a team.
- To be self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- To be able to co-ordinate a number of different projects at the same time.
- To be willing to accept responsibility for completing designated tasks.
Working with Cairn:
At Cairn, we believe it is essential that our employees feel valued and appreciated. We therefore offer above industry average remuneration packages with a comprehensive benefits portfolio that’s ready to support you for whatever life brings.
We are delighted to offer a suite of benefits when you join Cairn which include
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme with matching contributions
- Full health insurance with Irish Life health
- Annual salary review
- Continuous Professional development (CPD) programme & funding
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Free Cairn annual leave days
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme with VHI
- Tax saver - travel and bike to work
- Culture Committee
- Talent Development Programmes
- Approved Profit Sharing Scheme (APSS)
- Company vehicle (role dependent)
- Section / Package Manager - Mill Road
Section Manager - Mill Road The Cairn purpose...
- Section / Package Manager - Shankill
Job location: Shankill
Section Manager - Shankill The Cairn purpose ...
- Building Services Engineer - Clonburris
Job location: Shankill
Building Services Engineer - Clonburris The C...