The Cairn purpose is to build sustainable communities where people can thrive.
At Cairn, it's not what we build, it's why we build. It's about putting down a marker that will stand for generations to come. Creating new communities of connection and belonging for an Ireland where people can thrive. Reshaping, redefining, reinvigorating our place in the world. Building for people, progress, and potential. Because when Cairn build, it's Built For Good.
- Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Assist in the preparation and management of planning applications and appeals
- Manage and co-ordinate multiple large design teams of varying disciplines to meet challenging deadlines
- Liaise with other Cairn staff and departments to ensure the highest quality scheme is submitted yet be as efficient as possible to construct and exceeds the expectation of prospective purchasers
- Organise, manage and participate in public consultation exercises associated with Cairn developments.
- Carry out focused research of particular geographical areas, employment sectors and/or infrastructure improvements
- Be responsible for monitoring development plans throughout the Greater Dublin Area and preparing focused representations to maintain and improve the development potential of Cairn sites
- Undertake site visits and carry out feasibility studies of potential sites
- Review local and national planning policy.
The successful candidate will have:
- A recognised (IPI or RTPI) planning qualification
- Minimum 4+ years Post-Graduate experience
- Strong project management experience
- A reasonable understanding of the construction process post planning decision
- The ability to demonstrate good analytical and IT skills
- Strong report writing and presentation skills and the ability to communicate clearly with others
- Experience in a broad range of projects with particular emphasis on residential development
- The ability to work independently using their own initiative in an organised manner but also be a strong team player
- Strong attention to detail; and
- A clean driving licence and have access to a car
Working with Cairn Homes:
At Cairn, we believe it is essential that our employees feel valued and appreciated. We therefore offer above industry average remuneration packages with a comprehensive benefits portfolio that's ready to support you for whatever life brings.
We are delighted to offer a suite of benefits when you join Cairn which include
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme with matching contributions
- Full health insurance with Irish Life health
- Annual salary review
- Continuous Professional development (CPD) programme & funding
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Free Cairn annual leave days
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme with VHI
- Tax saver - travel and bike to work
- Culture Committee
- Talent Development Programmes
- Approved Profit Sharing Scheme (APSS)
- Company vehicle (role dependent)