Town Planner - Graduate OR Assistant
The Cairn purpose is to build sustainable communities where people can thrive.
At Cairn, it’s not what we build, it’s why we build. It’s about putting down a marker that will stand for generations to come. Creating new communities of connection and belonging for an Ireland where people can thrive. Reshaping, redefining, reinvigorating our place in the world. Building for people, progress, and potential. Because when Cairn build, it’s Built For Good.
Typically the candidate will be expected to undertake and assist with the following duties:
- Assist the Planning team to ensure timely delivery of all statutory certification and planning compliance documentation, in line with the planning process.
- Assist in the management and co-ordination of multiple design teams of varying disciplines to meet challenging deadlines.
- Carry out focused research of particular geographical areas, employment sectors and/or infrastructural improvements using an internal ArcGIS database and other software.
- Be responsible for monitoring development plans throughout the country and preparing focused representations to improve the development potential of Cairn sites;
- Undertake site visits and carry out feasibility studies of potential sites; and
- Review local and national planning policy.
- Provide support to the Planning team, with planning compliance tracker, calendar management, monthly report compilation, and general administration.
The successful candidate will have:
- A recognised (IPI or RTPI) planning qualification;
- A reasonable understanding of the construction process post planning decision desirable;
- The ability to demonstrate good analytical and IT skills;
- Strong report writing and presentation skills and the ability to communicate clearly with others;
- An ability to multi-task in a busy environment where relationships, organisation, and a high attention to detail is required; and
- The ability to work independently using their own initiative in an organised manner but also be a strong team player.
Working with Cairn Homes:
At Cairn, we believe it is essential that our employees feel valued and appreciated. We therefore offer above industry average remuneration packages with a comprehensive benefits portfolio that’s ready to support you for whatever life brings.
We are delighted to offer a suite of benefits when you join Cairn which include
- Competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Pension scheme with matching contributions
- Full health insurance with Irish Life health
- Annual salary review
- Continuous Professional development (CPD) programme & funding
- Paid maternity & paternity leave
- Free Cairn annual leave days
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- Employee Assistance Programme with VHI
- Tax saver - travel and bike to work
- Culture Committee
- Talent Development Programmes
- Approved Profit Sharing Scheme (APSS)
- Company vehicle (role dependent)
- Section / Package Manager - Mill Road
Section Manager - Mill Road The Cairn purpose...
- Section / Package Manager - Shankill
Job location: Shankill
Section Manager - Shankill The Cairn purpose ...
- Building Services Engineer - Clonburris
Job location: Shankill
Building Services Engineer - Clonburris The C...